Vascular Tech Travel Jobs
If you have a passion for caring for patients in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, check out our vascular technologist jobs. Health Carousel Travel Nursing helps people just like you find fulfilling work in positions throughout the country. You can expand your horizons by enhancing your resume, and we’re here to help you do it!
While you may have years of experience as a traditional surgical technologist, you may be searching for a career move that allows you to have new experiences while still helping patients. Our traveling surgical technologists have found that their diverse experience working in different locations with various staff has helped strengthen their professional backgrounds. With Health Carousel Travel Nursing, you can always find work in new areas to build your resume and gain experience.
What Are the Responsibilities of a Vascular Tech?
A vascular technologist, also known as a vascular sonographer or vascular ultrasound technologist, is a medical professional who specializes in using ultrasound technology to assess and diagnose conditions related to the blood vessels and circulation. Their primary responsibility is to perform various ultrasound procedures to create images of blood vessels, helping physicians diagnose and treat vascular diseases.
Here are some of the key responsibilities of a vascular tech:
- Ultrasound Imaging: The core responsibility of a vascular technologist is to perform ultrasound examinations on patients to visualize blood vessels, blood flow, and related structures. They use specialized ultrasound equipment to obtain images that help diagnose conditions like arterial blockages, blood clots, aneurysms, and venous insufficiencies.
- Patient Preparation: Vascular techs prepare patients for ultrasound examinations, which involve explaining the procedure, obtaining relevant medical history, and addressing any concerns or questions the patient might have. They ensure that patients are comfortable and properly positioned for the examination.
- Equipment Operation: Vascular technologists operate ultrasound machines and use various types of transducers to obtain images. They adjust the equipment settings to optimize image quality and ensure accurate results.
- Image Interpretation: While vascular technologists don't typically diagnose medical conditions, they are responsible for capturing high-quality images that can be used by physicians to make diagnoses. They need a strong understanding of anatomy and the ability to recognize normal and abnormal structures on ultrasound images.
- Documentation: Accurate documentation is crucial in the medical field. Vascular techs record patient information, procedure details, and image findings. This documentation is often included in the patient's medical record and used by physicians for diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Collaboration: Vascular technologists work closely with other healthcare professionals, particularly vascular surgeons, cardiologists, and radiologists. They may discuss findings with these specialists and provide them with the necessary images and information to aid in patient care.
- Quality Assurance: Ensuring the quality and accuracy of ultrasound images is vital. Vascular technologists often perform quality control checks on their equipment, troubleshoot technical issues, and maintain the proper functioning of the ultrasound machines.
- Patient Safety: Vascular technologists follow strict safety protocols to minimize risks associated with ultrasound procedures. They use appropriate infection control measures and ensure patients are shielded from unnecessary radiation.
- Continuing Education: The field of medical imaging is continuously evolving. Vascular technologists need to stay updated on the latest advancements, techniques, and guidelines through continuing education and professional development opportunities.
- Professional Conduct: Vascular technologists interact with patients from diverse backgrounds and must exhibit professionalism, empathy, and good communication skills. They need to provide clear instructions to patients before, during, and after procedures.
Vascular technologists play a crucial role in diagnosing and assessing vascular diseases through the use of ultrasound technology. Their responsibilities encompass patient care, image acquisition, collaboration with healthcare teams, documentation, and adherence to safety and quality standards.
At Health Carousel Travel Nursing, our employees constantly refine their career goals based on the work that interests them. We encourage you to do the same, and we want to help you reach your goals. The traveling surgical technologist position allows you to work in a field that makes a difference in your patients’ lives while seeing different parts of the country. It’s a fulfilling role that allows you to live your dreams and help more people.
The Demand for Vascular Technologists
Whether you’re new to the surgical technologist field or you’re a veteran, it’s important to know that there’s definitely a need for your work. Travel ultrasound tech jobs exist due to staffing shortages that require hospitals to reach out to Health Carousel Travel Nursing to fill them quickly. Since these positions need to be filled with qualified individuals as quickly as possible, they usually offer higher base salaries.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, surgical technologists earn a mean salary of just over $96,000 per year. The majority of Travel Surgical Tech salaries currently range between $61,000 (25th percentile) to $84,000 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $100,000 annually across the United States.
While salaries will vary by location and assignment, it’s fairly common for traveling surgical technologists to make more money than those with permanent positions.
Additionally, surgical tech nurses are predicted for 12% growth from 2018-2028. In short, this type of work is in demand. There may be many opportunities for advancement and increased pay based on skill level, location, and years of experience.
Connect with Health Carousel Travel Nursing
Health Carousel Travel Nursing goes the extra mile to ensure that our patients meet their personal and professional goals. What does it mean if you join our team as a traveling surgical technologist?
Our exemplary job perks start with our comprehensive benefits package. We provide a 401(k) with employer matching contributions, top-tier health care that starts at just $15 for an individual, vision and dental plans, housing stipends, and much more! We also offer special programs such as the Healthy Pregnancy Program and virtual healthcare appointments.
We’d love to talk to you more about the many benefits of working with us! These added perks are our way of saying that we value you as a team member and want to ensure that you’re taken care of.
If you have been considering improving your career outlook, get started today to learn how you can become a traveling surgical technologist. We want to help you grow your dreams while helping communities across the country—we look forward to working with you to make that happen!